Radaris has become a very popular people finder website that collects your personal information for anyone who is requesting it. Typical used by employers, Radaris offers background checks, court records, and contact information available for a small subscription fee. For privacy conscious citizens, opting out of Radaris can provide such much needed security.
The problem with people search sites is that this kind of service raises a few concerns due to online privacy issues that could occur when your personal information is exposed on the web.
You can always opt-out of Radaris if you are worried about your information ending up in the wrong hands, but this requires specific steps.
If you do this, you have to follow a specific procedure to ensure that your information is no longer available on any page that Radaris controls.
We are going to provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this without hassles.
Understanding how Radaris works
This platform is known for being very thorough with their sourcing and they even visit government offices to find information that is not available on the web.
This means that their database is robust and their protocols for removal are a bit more complex than those of your average information broker, but this does not mean it’s impossible to remove data.
How to remove your information from Radaris
The process of removing your information from Radaris requires a few important steps:
1) Go to their website and visit radaris opt out page for information on how to remove the information for the platform. The process is relatively simple, so just follow the steps they explain in the link. This will explain how to control your profile on radaris.
2) If that is the case and you still see relevant information that you don’t want on display, you need to write a letter that requests the removal of that information. Make sure that you are providing your full name, aliases, and current email so they can get back to you with a reply.
3) It’s important for you to take screenshots of the information you want to be removed. This is going to save you time and headaches with further communication that can be avoided by providing as much detail as possible. Take your time and gather that information with screens and clear instructions.
4) You should also include a scan of your ID or driver’s license/passport. The important thing is for you to be able to provide evidence that you are the person in that profile. Please remember that Radaris is likely to reject this request if you can’t provide the required identification.
5) Once you gather all of this information, you can email it to them. They should send you a confirmation and let you know when to expect the information to be reviewed.
This is ideal for people who simply don’t have the time to be dealing with this process, but they are concerned that their information is available for public view.
Data brokers are quite popular in the modern world, but the privacy issue is still a concern for many individuals. This is the reason why opting out is such an important and useful process.
If you feel that your privacy is in danger because you locate a public profile on the web, you always have the option of getting it permanently removed. We highly recommend that you opt out of radaris to protect yourself and family from cyberstalkers.
Protect Your Personal Information
Understand the problem, possible solutions, a cost estimate, and more. Free.